I have had sleeping problems my entire adult life. Insomnia, restless sleepless nights, bad nights with countless wake-ups during the night, you name it, I’ve had them all. Thankfully I have become a much better sleeper with the help of natural remedies. One of them being the banana tea. Bananas, especially the peels, are loaded with potassium and magnesium. While magnesium helps prevent sleep disturbances, both magnesium and potassium work together to help your body and mind to relax. Banana tea is easily prepared, tastes good and it truly helps you to sleep better. Now please don’t expect to pass out like you would with a strong sleeping pill. This is a natural remedy and it will help you. But you need to give it time: don’t immediately give up after only one try; try it every night for one week before reaching a conclusion.
What you will need:
- 1 organic banana (organic because you want to avoid all chemicals since you are boiling the peel as well)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- a small piece of organic ginger root
- 2 cloves
- 1 cup of water
What to do:
- Wash and cut the banana in small pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Use a colander and pour it in a teacup.
- Drink the tea 1 hour before going to sleep
- You can also eat the pieces of boiled banana with the peel. They taste good and will help your sleep even more.
This banana tea recipe will help you sleep better. But unlike a drug and its many side effects, it will work smoothly and naturally. It is not miraculous. You could add a teaspoon of valerian root for an extra kick, but it will make the tea taste bitter. By all means do use an organic banana, as the peel of a conventional banana is full of chemicals and pesticides which will not wash away.